Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans that help people with little or no credit history establish credit and build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals with limited credit history that other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding. But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
Assist management in identification of reporting risks and controls and associated processes.
· Ensures key regulatory timelines and required documents, controls and processes are tested.
· Supports Operations with creation, revision and maintaining operational KPI’s
· Perform analysis to determine improvement areas and recommend action(s) to improve performance.
· Creates dashboards for individual and group performance to show business efficiency
· Participates in meetings to improve efficiencies in procedures.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS performs special projects and additional duties and responsibilities as required. Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job
Comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces.
· Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills.
· Broad knowledge of, and the ability to write and apply advanced business analysis concepts, practices and procedures related to assigned area
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills English and Spanish; good negotiation skills
· Strong statistical aptitude.
· Detail oriented
· Ability to grasp new concepts and ideas quickly
· Computer literate with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Outlook, Project, Visio flowcharting and applications utilized in the assigned line of business.
· Advance proficiency in MySQL
· Previous experience in analytics BI Tools (Birst, tableau) preferred not required