Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans that help people with limited credit history so they can establish credit and build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding. But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
Responsible for assisting the Senior Compliance Testing Manager in the implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s Compliance Testing Program. Responsibility for ensuring compliance by Oportun with all federal and state laws and regulations covering consumer compliance.
Essential/Primary Job Functions:
• Execute testing and reviews according to Compliance test plan including procedures and selection of samples, sample size, and rationale.
• Evaluate controls, identifying risks appropriately.
• Document the results from testing. Prepare working papers, ensure that documentation appropriately supports the testing conclusions.
• Ensure that testing is accurate, complete, and in accordance with standards and protocols.
• Review testing results with Sr. Compliance Testing Manager and Oportun Risk Owners to determine if issues have been identified.
• Performs on-going Compliance monitoring, periodic reviews/audits, and compliance testing of Oportun sites, departments and products.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions :
• Demonstrated ability to organize and plan.
• Demonstrated ability to identify priorities.
• Ability to work independently.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills (clear, concise, correct).
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
• Attentive to deadlines and detail.
• Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to take initiative and demonstrate creativity and innovation.
• Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, and bank policies and procedures that pertain to your day-to-day job responsibilities.
• Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all compliance regulations pertinent to your assigned duties by successful completion of any courses assigned on a timely basis.
Experience and Education
• Three or more years of compliance, quality assurance, or quality control experience is required.
• Auditing experience in financial services is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Must have strong personal computer (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and communication skills.
• Oportun systems knowledge is a plus.
• Must be bilingual.