Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans that help people with limited credit history so they can establish credit and build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding. But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
• Assist in the implementation of a large multi site WAN infrastructure.
• Amazon Web Services network and security configuration and design.
• Monitor the health of network systems and cloud services and respond to alerts, calls and emails.
• Respond to problems in network service delivery and assess impact to critical systems and users.
• Analyze network logs to determine source of problems and perform corrective actions.
• Participate and drive continuous improvement efforts.
• 3-7 years of progressive network experience.
• Financial industry experience and experience operating in a regulated environment.
• CCNA/CCNP or JNCIA/JNCIP. Any Security focused certifications would be desirable as well
• Experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
• Strong network troubleshooting skill set – ability to think on your feet.
• Experience with security tools such as IPS/IDS, DLP.
• Experience working in partnership with engineering organizations.
• Ability to effectively manage time between projects and daily operational tasks.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Experience with Nexus 5k, 7k , 9k
• Experience with Cisco ASA or Palo Alto.
• Experience with WIFI ( Meraki and Aruba is preferred).
• Experience with Cloud service ( AWS preferred)