Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans that help people with little or no credit history establish credit and build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals with limited credit history that other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding. But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
· Quickly react to incidents reported in the Production environment by any number of sources (internal employees, loan applicants or customers, Production Support team proative monitoring, etc)
· Confirm possible incidents are reproducible in Staging or QA environment and document as much detail as possible in incident tracking tool to determine what type of solution is needed (including but not limited to: user training, code fix, process change, policy change, etc) before requesting assistance from product teams
· Take personal ownership of incidents until all aspects of the situation have been addressed satisfactorily per signoff by the various stakeholders
Collaborate with members of product teams (Developers, Quality Engineers, Dev Ops, Technical Product Managers, Business Product Managers) to determine root causes and solutions
· Become an unofficial subject matter expert in all aspects of the Oportun business of acquiring and serving loan customers in order to properly support those areas: leads, origination, underwriting, risk, disbursement, payments, collections, reporting, etc.
· Identify opportunities to create new tools to enable the Production Support team to better perform their job in some way (faster, more efficiently, etc)
· Meet and exceed SLAs for the resolution of escalated incidents
· Attend multiple daily meetings to review new incidents as well as any existing incidents that are still open
· Sharing coverage of early/late weekday hours and/or weekends among Production Support team
· 1 year experience working in Level 2 Support role handling issues escalated by Level 1 Support
2 years experience working in Level 1 Support role handling first response to issues
· Strong history of troubleshooting skills and ability to clearly document problems and solutions
· Strong history of quickly becoming a subject matter expert in new areas of focus
· Significant experience writing SQL queries
· Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment or a strong desire to be in one
· Ability to work independently at times, with little or no supervision
· Experience coding, preferably Java
· Experience parsing logs, preferably SumoLogic
· Experience using a support incident management tool, preferably ServiceNow
· Experience using a development/bug tracking tool, preferably JIRA
· Experience using remote meeting and screensharing tools, preferably WebEx
· Understanding of API structure, MongoDB, various operating systems, web browsers, mobile devices, etc.
· Understanding of financial systems and/or terms, preferably loans or similar products
· Desire to seek continuous improvement in the production support processes and personal development.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication in Spanish and English. English speaking and writing is a MUST (at least 80%)